Yesterday, the Senate Judiciary Committee heard the proponents testimony on SB-52. Because the Senate was due back on the floor by 5:00 they were not able to hear all of the opponents or to deliberate.
SB-52 has been scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, April 17th at 1:30 p.m. In room 356 – the Committee will hear from the rest of the opponents and will then vote on the bill. If you can't join us at the Capitol, you can listen to the hearing online by clicking here. When you arrive on this page after 1:30 p.m. - you'll need to click on "Listen to Event."
A huge thank you to all of the witnesses who testified in favor of SB-52 for us yesterday!
- Mayor Marc Williams, Arvada
- John Covert, MetroStudy
- Tom Clark, Metro Denver Economic Development Corp., the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce and C3, The Colorado Competitive Council
- Brittany Morse-Saunders – Downtown Denver Partnership
- Mike Fitzgerald – Denver South Economic Development Partnership
- Gary Frisch, Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado
- Tony Milo - Colorado Contractors Association and Michael Gifford Associated General Contractors
- Ken McLagan, Hyder Construction
- Mike Wisneski and Kevin Eronimous – AIA Colorado
- Wendy Amann, American Council of Engineering Companies of Colorado, Allen Lisowoy, Colorado Association of Geotechnical Engineers, Andrew Kelsey, Structural Engineers Association of Colorado
- Mark Trenka – Colorado Association of REALTORS
- Chetter Latcham, Shea Homes
- Gary Godden, Godden, Sudek Architects
- Chris Pressley, Meritage
- Eric Eckberg, Village Homes
- Rip Reid, Standard Pacific
- Tom Hall, Renaissance Homes
- Ryan Warren, Polsinelli Shughart
- Dennis Polk, Holley, Albertson & Polk
- David McLain, Higgins, Hopkins, McLain & Roswell
I believe that the names in bold are those witnesses who are members of the CAHB. I will provide an additional update after tomorrow's hearing. In the interim, please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding Senate Bill 13-052 or construction litigation in Colorado. I can be reached by telephone at (303) 987-9813 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- David M. McLain